The Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) is an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria (under the supervision of Federal Ministry of Science and Technology) vested with the mandate to promote the development and utilization of Nigeria’s industrial raw materials.
RMRDC was established to:
- Provide information which would enable government formulate appropriate policies for domestic raw materials exploitation, development, utilisation and investment
read more +
Dr. Hussaini Doko Ibrahim Director-General / Chief Executive Officer
read more +
To promote the development and optimal utilisation of Nigeria’s natural resources for growth.
To be an indispensable catalyst for industrial growth and development in Nigeria.
The mandates of the Council as listed in the Act are:
- Draw up policy guidelines and action programmes on raw materials acquisition, exploitation and development
- Review from time to time, raw material resources availability and utilization with a view to advising the Federal Government on the strategic implication of depletion, conservation or stock-pilling of such resources
- Advise on adoption of machinery and processes for raw materials utilization
- Encourage publicity of research findings and other information relevant to local sourcing of raw materials for industries
- Encourage growth of implant research and development capabilities
- Advise on and devise awards or systems for industries that achieve any break-through or make innovations and inventions
- Organize workshops, symposia and seminars from time to time designed to enlighten people on new developments and solutions discovered
- Consider and advise on special research grants for specific objectives, and
- Consider and advise on any other issue capable of enhancing the objectives of the Council.